Titanic: An IMAX 3D Experience
TITANIC is a 1997 American epic romance and disaster film directed, written, co-produced and co-edited by James Cameron. A fictionalized account of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater and Billy Zane as Rose's fiancé, Cal Hockley. Jack and Rose are members of different social classes who fall in love aboard the ship during its ill-fated maiden voyage.
Cameron's inspiration for the film was predicated on his fascination with shipwrecks; he wanted to convey the emotional message of the tragedy, and felt that a love story interspersed with the human loss would be essential to achieving this. Production on the film began in 1995, when Cameron shot footage of the actual Titanic wreck. The modern scenes were shot on board the Akademik Mstislav Keldysh, which Cameron had used as a base when filming the wreck. A reconstruction of the Titanic was built at Playas de Rosarito, Baja California, and scale models and computer-generated imagery were also used to recreate the sinking. The film was partially funded by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox -- respectively, its American and international distributors -- and at the time, it was the most expensive film ever made, with an estimated budget of $200 million.
The IMAX release of TITANIC will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX 3D Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox Present A Lightstorm Entertainment Production A James Cameron Film "Titanic" Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, Bernard Hill, Jonathan Hyde, Danny Nucci, Gloria Stuart, David Warner, Victor Garber and Bill Paxton. Music by James Horner. Costume Designer: Deborah L. Scott. Music Supervisor: Randy Gerston. Co-Producers: Al Giddings, Grant Hill, Sharon Mann. Film Editors: Conrad Buff, A.C.E., James Cameron, Richard A. Harris. Production Designer: Peter Lamont. Director of Photography: Russell Carpenter, A.S.C. Special Visual Effects by Digital Domain. Executive Producer: Rae Sanchini. Produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau. Written and Directed by James Cameron.
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Clips, featurettes from The Maze Runner
- Trailers, poster, images from The Maze Runner
- Fox's Epic Adaptation Of Best-Seller The Maze Runner Bolts Into IMAX® Theatres Domestically And Abroad Starting Sept. 11
- IMAX And AMC Theatres Sign 11-Theatre Deal; Brings AMC IMAX Footprint To 159 Theatres
- Premier Sponsor MacGillivray Freeman Films to Host Reception and Fine-Cut Screening of Humpback Whales at GSCA Conference in Toronto
Most Recent Releases
- The Expendables 3: The IMAX Experience
- James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge
- Lucy: The IMAX Experience
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Guardians of the Galaxy: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Hercules: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Transformers: Age Of Extinction The IMAX Experience
- Star Spangled Banner: Anthem of Liberty
- How to Train Your Dragon 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Edge of Tomorrow: An IMAX 3D Experience
- In Saturn's Rings
- Forrest Gump: The IMAX Experience
- The Maze Runner: The IMAX Experience
- The Equalizer: The IMAX Experience
- Dracula Untold: The IMAX Experience
- Behind the Cube
- Interstellar: The IMAX Experience
- The Great Apes 3D
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Gone with the Bullets: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.