Titanic: An IMAX 3D Experience
TITANIC is a 1997 American epic romance and disaster film directed, written, co-produced and co-edited by James Cameron. A fictionalized account of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater and Billy Zane as Rose's fiancé, Cal Hockley. Jack and Rose are members of different social classes who fall in love aboard the ship during its ill-fated maiden voyage.
Cameron's inspiration for the film was predicated on his fascination with shipwrecks; he wanted to convey the emotional message of the tragedy, and felt that a love story interspersed with the human loss would be essential to achieving this. Production on the film began in 1995, when Cameron shot footage of the actual Titanic wreck. The modern scenes were shot on board the Akademik Mstislav Keldysh, which Cameron had used as a base when filming the wreck. A reconstruction of the Titanic was built at Playas de Rosarito, Baja California, and scale models and computer-generated imagery were also used to recreate the sinking. The film was partially funded by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox -- respectively, its American and international distributors -- and at the time, it was the most expensive film ever made, with an estimated budget of $200 million.
The IMAX release of TITANIC will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX 3D Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.
Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox Present A Lightstorm Entertainment Production A James Cameron Film "Titanic" Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher, Bernard Hill, Jonathan Hyde, Danny Nucci, Gloria Stuart, David Warner, Victor Garber and Bill Paxton. Music by James Horner. Costume Designer: Deborah L. Scott. Music Supervisor: Randy Gerston. Co-Producers: Al Giddings, Grant Hill, Sharon Mann. Film Editors: Conrad Buff, A.C.E., James Cameron, Richard A. Harris. Production Designer: Peter Lamont. Director of Photography: Russell Carpenter, A.S.C. Special Visual Effects by Digital Domain. Executive Producer: Rae Sanchini. Produced by James Cameron and Jon Landau. Written and Directed by James Cameron.
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Trailer, images for Insurgent
- Lionsgate's The Divergent Series: Insurgent To Launch Into IMAX® Theatres Domestically On March 20
- Patrick Stewart to narrate NASA's 'trek' to Mars in giant-screen 'Journey to Space'
- Trailers for American Sniper
- Game of Thrones® IMAX® Screenings Rescheduled One Week Later To Accommodate Unprecedented Fan Enthusiasm
Most Recent Releases
- American Sniper: The IMAX Experience
- Taken 3: The IMAX Experience
- Naya: Legend of the Golden Dolphin
- Gone with the Bullets: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb The IMAX Experience
- Exodus: Gods and Kings The IMAX Experience
- The Crossing: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Penguins of Madagascar: The IMAX Experience
- Big Hero 6: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Seventh Son: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Jupiter Ascending: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Humpback Whales 3D
- Dragon Blade: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Journey to Space
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent An IMAX 3D Experience
- Wings of Life
- Jean-Michel Cousteau's Secret Ocean
- Furious 7: The IMAX Experience
- Living in the Age of Airplanes
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.