The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience
The follow-up to the action hit BATMAN BEGINS, THE DARK KNIGHT reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne. In the new film, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.
THE DARK KNIGHT: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from Warner Bros. Pictures, features six sequences filmed with IMAX® cameras. This marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats.
Clips & Trailers:
The Dark Knight: IMAX Featurette [Flash]
The Dark Knight: IMAX Trailer [Flash]
The Dark Knight: Prologue Featurette [QT Med.]
The Dark Knight: Teaser [QT Med.]
The Dark Knight: Trailer 1 [QT Med.]
The Dark Knight: Trailer 2 [QT Med.]
The Dark Knight: Two-Face Clip [Flash]
Warner Bros. Pictures presents in association with Legendary Pictures a Syncopy production. Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Producers: Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan. Screenplay: Jonathan Nolan, Christopher Nolan. Story: Chirstopher Nolan, David Goyer. Based upon Batman characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics. Executive Producers: Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy, Thomas Tull. Cinematographer: Wally Pfister. Production Designer: Nathan Crowley. Editor: Lee Smith. Original Music: Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard. Starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Morgan Freeman.
"The Dark Knight" By Justin Chang, Variety
""Dark Knight" a gripping character study" By Kirk Honeycutt, The Hollywood Reporter
"The Dark Knight (IMAX)" By Josh Tyler, CinemaBlend.com
"The Dark Knight" By Kenneth Turan, The Los Angeles Times
"A 'Knight' to remember" By Christopher Kelly, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Dark Knight Scenes to Be Filmed in IMAX By Warner Bros. Pictures (May 29, 2007)
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Posted by: harrison, 2008-07-22 21:33:51
The IMAX version is the way to go with this film. Hopefully more films will be able to use imax so well!
- Evans & Sutherland to Support GSCA 2015 Conference as Partner-Level Sponsor and Demo 8K Digital Fulldome Digistar 5 System
- IMAX Corporation to Support GSCA 2015 International Conference and Trade Show As Partner-Level Sponsor
- Sony Pictures Entertainment To Release Chinese-language Hit Wolf Totem In Select IMAX® Theatres In The U.S., Canada And Latin America Beginning Mid-September
- MacGillivray Freeman Expands into TV Production
- Giant Screen film, Secrets of the Universe, to feature women in STEM
Most Recent Releases
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: The IMAX Experience
- Attack on Titan Part 1: The IMAX Experience
- Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation The IMAX Experience
- Pixels: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Ant-Man: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Monster Hunt: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Minions: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Monk Comes Down the Mountain: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Inside Out: An IMAX 3D Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.