Legends of Flight 3D
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Legends of the Sky
In the hundred-year-plus history of aviation, truly radical new aircraft designs come along only once in a generation. Since the introduction of the wide bodies of the late 1960s and early 1970s (followed by the Boeing 777 in 1994), there have been no truly "game changing" new passenger airliner designs until now, with the development of the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Through the eyes of chief test pilot Mike Carriker, a legendary contemporary pilot who is flight rated in more than 100 airplanes, we will see how a century of aviation trial and error, and some of the seminal airplanes of the 20th century influenced the design of the Dreamliner. The audience will be thrilled with the flight of these legendary airplanes in some of the most breathtaking sequences ever seen on giant (IMAX®) theater screens. Theater-goers will be there for all the important milestones at the dawn of a new era in commercial aviation. They will see the first public flight of the massive, but super efficient Airbus A380 at the 2007 Paris Air Show and the first flight of the smaller, even more efficient 787, the first-ever carbon fiber airliner that made its maiden flight in 2009.
Legends of Flight will also give audiences an insider's view of how a modern aircraft is built, and make them privy to the manufacturing challenges and incredible financial risks companies assume when they embark on radical new designs.
In the end, this unique cinematic experience shows how the 787 might affect the next 100 years of aeronautical design.
Produced and directed by Stephen Low, in association with the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, the film will engage all who have an interest in flight, regardless of age or gender.
Official Film Website: legendsofflightfilm.com
Clips & Trailers:
Legends of Flight: Constellation [Flash]
Legends of Flight: Dreamliner [Flash]
Legends of Flight: Harrier Jet [Flash]
Legends of Flight: TV Spot [Flash]
Produced by: Jetliner Films Inc. Directed by Stephen Low. Produced by: Pietro Serapiglia. Director of Photography: William Reeve. Script: Stephen Low. Executive Producers: Robert Kresser and Jan Baird. In Association with the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
Legends of Flight 3D By Ann Coates
"Legends Of Flight IMAX" By James Wynbrandt, Plane & Pilot
"Legends of Flight — a new film I saw" By Joseph May, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
"Legends of Flight - The Movie" By Guy Norris, Aviation Week
"'Legends of Flight': Documentary on Boeing's 787 Dreamliner soars" By Dominic Gates, The Seattle Times
"3D helps flying 'Legends' soar" By Linda Cook, Quad City Times
Images from the first flight of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner By BMZ Staff (December 17, 2009)
BMZ User Reviews
Sorry, no BMZ User Reviews yet for this film.
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Evans & Sutherland to Support GSCA 2015 Conference as Partner-Level Sponsor and Demo 8K Digital Fulldome Digistar 5 System
- IMAX Corporation to Support GSCA 2015 International Conference and Trade Show As Partner-Level Sponsor
- Sony Pictures Entertainment To Release Chinese-language Hit Wolf Totem In Select IMAX® Theatres In The U.S., Canada And Latin America Beginning Mid-September
- MacGillivray Freeman Expands into TV Production
- Giant Screen film, Secrets of the Universe, to feature women in STEM
Most Recent Releases
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: The IMAX Experience
- Attack on Titan Part 1: The IMAX Experience
- Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation The IMAX Experience
- Pixels: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Ant-Man: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Monster Hunt: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Minions: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Monk Comes Down the Mountain: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Inside Out: An IMAX 3D Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.