Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag
John Stratton is a young American fighter pilot who flies the F-15 Eagle, arguably the most potent and successful fighter plane ever built. His grandfather was a decorated World War II flying ace, and he intended to follow in his footsteps.
At Red Flag, the international training exercise for air forces of allied countries, many of the world’s best pilots meet for the most challenging flying of their careers. Red Flag is the final training for pilots and their aircrews before being sent into actual combat. We follow our young pilot as he makes his way through this extraordinary event held in the desert of Nevada. He is amazed at how complex, challenging and dangerous the exercises are.
He begins to notice team members who were not a part of his childhood vision of heroism, the support team crucial to a successful mission, and to a safe return home. In the aerial combat exercises, there are other pilots who aren’t out just to prove themselves, they are helping him -- watching his back. And he is doing the same for them. He begins to realize that being a hero is not quite as simple as he once might have thought.
Photo Gallery | Teacher's Guide | Additional Reviews | Official Website
Produced by Stephen Low Productions. Producers: Stephen Low, Pietro Serapiglia. Director: Stephen Low. DP: William Reeve. Script: Stephen Low, Denny Kuhr, Joe Stanley. Executive Producer: K2 Communications (Bob Kresser, Jan Baird). Distributor: K2 Communications, Stephen Low Distribution. Sponsored by Boeing.
"'Fighter Pilot': Hang Onto Your Popcorn Bucket" By Sean Daly, Washington Post (registration req'd)
"Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag" By Michael Rechtshaffen, The Hollywood Reporter
"Larger Than Life" By Carol Cling, Las Vegas Review-Journal
"The sky's the limit in 'Fighter Pilot'" By Lawrence Toppman, The Charlotte Observer (registration req'd)
"Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag" By Philip Wuntch, Dallas Morning News
Fighter Pilot surpasses 150 million viewers worldwide By K2 Communications (July 28, 2008)
Fighter Pilot Wins LFCA 2005 Best of Festival Film Award By The Large Format Cinema Association (May 5, 2005)
[PDF] Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: casttelo375
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- The Montreal Science Centre to Convert to IMAX® with Laser
- D3D and Christie to Install Giant Screen Laser System at Fernbank Museum
- IMAX AND REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP® SIGN 11-THEATRE AGREEMENT; EXTEND LEASE TERMS FOR ALL JOINT VENTURE THEATRES
- LIONSGATE'S HIGHLY ACCLAIMED LA LA LAND POISED FOR SPECIAL ENGAGEMENT IN DOMESTIC IMAX® THEATRES BEGINNING JAN. 13
- SHANGHAI FILM CORPORATION ADDS THREE NEW IMAX® THEATRES TO CIRCUIT IN CHINA
Most Recent Releases
- La La Land: The IMAX Experience
- Museum Alive
- Incredible Predators
- Pono: The Secret of Hawaii
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story An IMAX 3D Experience
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The IMAX Experience
- Doctor Strange: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Inferno: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back The IMAX Experience
- Attraction: The IMAX Experience
- The LEGO Batman Movie: The IMAX Experience
- Dream Big: Engineering Our World
- God Particle: The IMAX Experience
- Train Time
- Logan: The IMAX Experience
- Kong: Skull Island An IMAX 3D Experience
- Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur The IMAX Experience
- Secrets of the Universe
- Ghost in the Shell: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.