The Human Body
Large format cinema has explored all the mysterious locations of our human world: except one. Films have journeyed into space, deep under the oceans, to the highest peaks and travelled at the speed of a racing car. But the most interesting voyage that could be charted - and the one which science can tell us so much about - has just been made, the voyage into the human body itself.
Three years in the making, this film reveals THE HUMAN BODY in a way never seen before – telling the incredible story of a single day in the lifetime of the you and me. From morning to night we live through many miracles - from the moment we first open our eyes - burning cells from the surface of our retinas and giving us, each morning, a fresh set of sensors with which to view the day - to the last rumblings of our evening meal late at night as it is turned into the raw materials with which we will face tomorrow. In astonishing detail, we explore the daily biological processes that go on without our control and often without our even noticing.
Finding a way to capture the magic and wonder of human biology for a screen seven stories tall required a cinematic inventiveness that was anything but routine. Co-produced by Discovery Pictures and the BBC, THE HUMAN BODY incorporates groundbreaking computer graphics with stunning real-life images to create a day in the life of a human body.
See below to link to read BMZ Interview with HUMAN BODY Director Peter Georgi.
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
A presentation of The Learning Channel and BBC Worldwide of a Discovery Pictures/BBC co-production THE HUMAN BODY in association with the Science Museum, London and the Maryland Science Center with major funding provided by the National Science Foundation and distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution. Producer/Director: Peter Georgi. Producer/Writer: Richard Dale. Executive Producer: Jana Bennett. Cinematographer: Reed Smoot. Specialist Cinematographer: David Barlow. Production Designer and Special Effects Director: Tim Goodchild. Composer and Conductor: Anne Dudley. Film editor: Peter Parnham. Narrator: Robert Winston. Post Production Supervisor: Andrew Oran. Digital Effects provided by NWave / Movida Trix. CGI Producer: Ben Stassen. Digital Effects Supervisor, Jos Claesen. Sound Mix at Masters Studios, Toronto
"The Human Body" By Bruce Feld, Film Journal International
"The Human Body" By Catharine Tunnacliffe, eyeWeekly
"The Human Body" By Jake Wilson, Urban Cinefile
"Every body is truly "awesome" " By George O. Singleton, Reel Movie Critic.com
"The Human Body" By Melissa Maerz, City Pages
[PDF] The Human Body
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Stealthrabbit127
Okay. Someone posted a queiry about a song in this movie. It's called "Green Onions", and it's by Booker T. and the MGs. Have fun! Oh... and the movie? Royally excellent. ... Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- IMAX Signs 10-Theatre Agreement With Toho Cinemas Ltd.; Marks Its Largest Deal In Japan
- "Star Trek Beyond" From Paramount Pictures, Skydance And Bad Robot Will Be Released In IMAX® Theatres Globally Beginning July 22, 2016
- Hengdian Entertainment Co. Ltd. Enters IMAX Business With 5-Theatre Agreement In China
- IMAX Corporation To Present At MKM Partners Entertainment, Leisure & Internet Investor Conference
- Teaser trailer for The Divergent Series: Allegiant
Most Recent Releases
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 An IMAX 3D Experience
- SPECTRE: The IMAX Experience
- The Martian: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Attack on Titan Part 2: The IMAX Experience
- Crimson Peak: The IMAX Experience
- Pan: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Walk: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Everest: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Wild Cats
- The Transporter Refueled: The IMAX Experience
- Asteroids: Mission Extreme
- In the Heart of the Sea: The IMAX Experience
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens An IMAX 3D Experience
- Mojin-The Lost Legend: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Point Break: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Crossing 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Red Crabs: Australia's Christmas Island (3D)
- Sea Turtles 3D
- Wild Africa
- Amazing Bugs! 3D
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.