The Human Body
Large format cinema has explored all the mysterious locations of our human world: except one. Films have journeyed into space, deep under the oceans, to the highest peaks and travelled at the speed of a racing car. But the most interesting voyage that could be charted - and the one which science can tell us so much about - has just been made, the voyage into the human body itself.
Three years in the making, this film reveals THE HUMAN BODY in a way never seen before – telling the incredible story of a single day in the lifetime of the you and me. From morning to night we live through many miracles - from the moment we first open our eyes - burning cells from the surface of our retinas and giving us, each morning, a fresh set of sensors with which to view the day - to the last rumblings of our evening meal late at night as it is turned into the raw materials with which we will face tomorrow. In astonishing detail, we explore the daily biological processes that go on without our control and often without our even noticing.
Finding a way to capture the magic and wonder of human biology for a screen seven stories tall required a cinematic inventiveness that was anything but routine. Co-produced by Discovery Pictures and the BBC, THE HUMAN BODY incorporates groundbreaking computer graphics with stunning real-life images to create a day in the life of a human body.
See below to link to read BMZ Interview with HUMAN BODY Director Peter Georgi.
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
A presentation of The Learning Channel and BBC Worldwide of a Discovery Pictures/BBC co-production THE HUMAN BODY in association with the Science Museum, London and the Maryland Science Center with major funding provided by the National Science Foundation and distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution. Producer/Director: Peter Georgi. Producer/Writer: Richard Dale. Executive Producer: Jana Bennett. Cinematographer: Reed Smoot. Specialist Cinematographer: David Barlow. Production Designer and Special Effects Director: Tim Goodchild. Composer and Conductor: Anne Dudley. Film editor: Peter Parnham. Narrator: Robert Winston. Post Production Supervisor: Andrew Oran. Digital Effects provided by NWave / Movida Trix. CGI Producer: Ben Stassen. Digital Effects Supervisor, Jos Claesen. Sound Mix at Masters Studios, Toronto
"The Human Body" By Bruce Feld, Film Journal International
"The Human Body" By Catharine Tunnacliffe, eyeWeekly
"The Human Body" By Jake Wilson, Urban Cinefile
"Every body is truly "awesome" " By George O. Singleton, Reel Movie Critic.com
"The Human Body" By Melissa Maerz, City Pages
[PDF] The Human Body
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Stealthrabbit127
Okay. Someone posted a queiry about a song in this movie. It's called "Green Onions", and it's by Booker T. and the MGs. Have fun! Oh... and the movie? Royally excellent. ... Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Trailer, images for Insurgent
- Lionsgate's The Divergent Series: Insurgent To Launch Into IMAX® Theatres Domestically On March 20
- Patrick Stewart to narrate NASA's 'trek' to Mars in giant-screen 'Journey to Space'
- Trailers for American Sniper
- Game of Thrones® IMAX® Screenings Rescheduled One Week Later To Accommodate Unprecedented Fan Enthusiasm
Most Recent Releases
- American Sniper: The IMAX Experience
- Taken 3: The IMAX Experience
- Naya: Legend of the Golden Dolphin
- Gone with the Bullets: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb The IMAX Experience
- Exodus: Gods and Kings The IMAX Experience
- The Crossing: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Penguins of Madagascar: The IMAX Experience
- Big Hero 6: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Seventh Son: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Jupiter Ascending: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Humpback Whales 3D
- Dragon Blade: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Journey to Space
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent An IMAX 3D Experience
- Wings of Life
- Jean-Michel Cousteau's Secret Ocean
- Furious 7: The IMAX Experience
- Living in the Age of Airplanes
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.