Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Brainpower: Surviving the Tour de France
The subject of the film is the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, accomplish the near-impossible, and power each of us to victory and success in life.
We will illustrate these various abilities by following cyclists racing in the Tour De France. Over the course of the event, they’ll be caught up in hair raising crashes, dramatic battles over the Alps and Pyrenees and action-packed descents down steep mountain roads. Their ultimate goal? The finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
The film will raise the questions "how do they do this?" and "why do they do this?" Audiences will learn that the answers to these questions lie within the mind and the human brain itself.
Through a combination of cutting edge computer graphic digital animation, strong and inspiring personal stories and unprecedented IMAX giant screen footage, this film will entertain and, hopefully, inspire audiences of all ages.
This film will study of the various aspects of the human brain and its ability to help us achieve success in the face of what seem to be insurmountable obstacles.
Clips & Trailers:
Wired to Win: Trailer [WM 300 K]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by PD Productions, a division of Partners HealthCare System. Director/Writer: Bayley Silleck. Senior Producer/Project P.I. (principal investigator): JoAnna Baldwin Mallory. Line Producer/Editor: Myles Connolly. First Assistant Director/Co-Writer: Daniel Ferguson. Director of Photography: Rodney Taylor. Distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution.
"Wired to Win" By Janet Smith, The Georgia Straight
"'Wired' is winning tour of race, brain" By Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
"'Wired to Win': It's not about the bikes" By Hap Erstein, Palm Beach Post
"A few spokes short of capturing "Tour" glory" By Ted Fry, The Seattle Times
"New IMAX film a nerve-wrenching experience" By Steven Howell, Press Republican
Wired to Win Interview: Line Producer/Editor Myles Connolly By BMZ Staff (December 19, 2005)
nWave Pictures and PD Productions Announce Exciting Agenda for Brain Power By nWave Pictures Distribution (February 24, 2005)
nWave to Distribute Upcoming 'Brain Power' Film By Dera & Associates (July 7, 2003)
[PDF] Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- BMZ Review: Wild Africa
- IMAX UNVEILS COMPREHENSIVE VIRTUAL REALITY STRATEGY; LAUNCHES LOCATION-BASED INITIATIVE THROUGH PARTNERSHIP WITH STARBREEZE
- GOOGLE AND IMAX PARTNER TO DEVELOP GROUNDBREAKING VIRTUAL REALITY CAMERA
- IMAX CORPORATION TO PRESENT AT THE 17TH ANNUAL B. RILEY & CO. INVESTOR CONFERENCE
- IMAX CORPORATION TO PRESENT AT THE 44TH ANNUAL J.P. MORGAN GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA AND TELECOM CONFERENCE
Most Recent Releases
- Alice Through the Looking Glass: An IMAX 3D Experience
- X-Men: Apocalypse An IMAX 3D Experience
- Captain America: Civil War The IMAX Experience
- A Beautiful Planet
- The Jungle Book: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice The IMAX Experience
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant - Part 1 The IMAX Experience
- 10 Cloverfield Lane: The IMAX Experience
- Zootopia: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Asteroid: Mission Extreme
- Warcraft: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Aircraft Carrier: Guardians of the Sea
- Finding Dory: The IMAX Experience
- Independence Day Resurgence: The IMAX Experience
- The Trolley
- The Legend of Tarzan: The IMAX Experience
- Ghostbusters: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur The IMAX Experience
- Star Trek Beyond: The IMAX Experience
- Suicide Squad: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.