Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Brainpower: Surviving the Tour de France
The subject of the film is the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, accomplish the near-impossible, and power each of us to victory and success in life.
We will illustrate these various abilities by following cyclists racing in the Tour De France. Over the course of the event, they’ll be caught up in hair raising crashes, dramatic battles over the Alps and Pyrenees and action-packed descents down steep mountain roads. Their ultimate goal? The finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
The film will raise the questions "how do they do this?" and "why do they do this?" Audiences will learn that the answers to these questions lie within the mind and the human brain itself.
Through a combination of cutting edge computer graphic digital animation, strong and inspiring personal stories and unprecedented IMAX giant screen footage, this film will entertain and, hopefully, inspire audiences of all ages.
This film will study of the various aspects of the human brain and its ability to help us achieve success in the face of what seem to be insurmountable obstacles.
Clips & Trailers:
Wired to Win: Trailer [WM 300 K]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by PD Productions, a division of Partners HealthCare System. Director/Writer: Bayley Silleck. Senior Producer/Project P.I. (principal investigator): JoAnna Baldwin Mallory. Line Producer/Editor: Myles Connolly. First Assistant Director/Co-Writer: Daniel Ferguson. Director of Photography: Rodney Taylor. Distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution.
"Wired to Win" By Janet Smith, The Georgia Straight
"'Wired' is winning tour of race, brain" By Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
"'Wired to Win': It's not about the bikes" By Hap Erstein, Palm Beach Post
"A few spokes short of capturing "Tour" glory" By Ted Fry, The Seattle Times
"New IMAX film a nerve-wrenching experience" By Steven Howell, Press Republican
Wired to Win Interview: Line Producer/Editor Myles Connolly By BMZ Staff (December 19, 2005)
nWave Pictures and PD Productions Announce Exciting Agenda for Brain Power By nWave Pictures Distribution (February 24, 2005)
nWave to Distribute Upcoming 'Brain Power' Film By Dera & Associates (July 7, 2003)
[PDF] Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Clips, featurettes from The Maze Runner
- Trailers, poster, images from The Maze Runner
- Fox's Epic Adaptation Of Best-Seller The Maze Runner Bolts Into IMAX® Theatres Domestically And Abroad Starting Sept. 11
- IMAX And AMC Theatres Sign 11-Theatre Deal; Brings AMC IMAX Footprint To 159 Theatres
- Premier Sponsor MacGillivray Freeman Films to Host Reception and Fine-Cut Screening of Humpback Whales at GSCA Conference in Toronto
Most Recent Releases
- The Expendables 3: The IMAX Experience
- James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge
- Lucy: The IMAX Experience
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Guardians of the Galaxy: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Hercules: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Transformers: Age Of Extinction The IMAX Experience
- Star Spangled Banner: Anthem of Liberty
- How to Train Your Dragon 2: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Edge of Tomorrow: An IMAX 3D Experience
- In Saturn's Rings
- Forrest Gump: The IMAX Experience
- The Maze Runner: The IMAX Experience
- The Equalizer: The IMAX Experience
- Dracula Untold: The IMAX Experience
- Behind the Cube
- Interstellar: The IMAX Experience
- The Great Apes 3D
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Gone with the Bullets: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.