Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Brainpower: Surviving the Tour de France
The subject of the film is the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, accomplish the near-impossible, and power each of us to victory and success in life.
We will illustrate these various abilities by following cyclists racing in the Tour De France. Over the course of the event, they’ll be caught up in hair raising crashes, dramatic battles over the Alps and Pyrenees and action-packed descents down steep mountain roads. Their ultimate goal? The finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
The film will raise the questions "how do they do this?" and "why do they do this?" Audiences will learn that the answers to these questions lie within the mind and the human brain itself.
Through a combination of cutting edge computer graphic digital animation, strong and inspiring personal stories and unprecedented IMAX giant screen footage, this film will entertain and, hopefully, inspire audiences of all ages.
This film will study of the various aspects of the human brain and its ability to help us achieve success in the face of what seem to be insurmountable obstacles.
Clips & Trailers:
Wired to Win: Trailer [WM 300 K]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by PD Productions, a division of Partners HealthCare System. Director/Writer: Bayley Silleck. Senior Producer/Project P.I. (principal investigator): JoAnna Baldwin Mallory. Line Producer/Editor: Myles Connolly. First Assistant Director/Co-Writer: Daniel Ferguson. Director of Photography: Rodney Taylor. Distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution.
"Wired to Win" By Janet Smith, The Georgia Straight
"'Wired' is winning tour of race, brain" By Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
"'Wired to Win': It's not about the bikes" By Hap Erstein, Palm Beach Post
"A few spokes short of capturing "Tour" glory" By Ted Fry, The Seattle Times
"New IMAX film a nerve-wrenching experience" By Steven Howell, Press Republican
Wired to Win Interview: Line Producer/Editor Myles Connolly By BMZ Staff (December 19, 2005)
nWave Pictures and PD Productions Announce Exciting Agenda for Brain Power By nWave Pictures Distribution (February 24, 2005)
nWave to Distribute Upcoming 'Brain Power' Film By Dera & Associates (July 7, 2003)
[PDF] Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- The Montreal Science Centre to Convert to IMAX® with Laser
- D3D and Christie to Install Giant Screen Laser System at Fernbank Museum
- IMAX AND REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP® SIGN 11-THEATRE AGREEMENT; EXTEND LEASE TERMS FOR ALL JOINT VENTURE THEATRES
- LIONSGATE'S HIGHLY ACCLAIMED LA LA LAND POISED FOR SPECIAL ENGAGEMENT IN DOMESTIC IMAX® THEATRES BEGINNING JAN. 13
- SHANGHAI FILM CORPORATION ADDS THREE NEW IMAX® THEATRES TO CIRCUIT IN CHINA
Most Recent Releases
- La La Land: The IMAX Experience
- Museum Alive
- Incredible Predators
- Pono: The Secret of Hawaii
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story An IMAX 3D Experience
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The IMAX Experience
- Doctor Strange: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Inferno: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back The IMAX Experience
- Attraction: The IMAX Experience
- The LEGO Batman Movie: The IMAX Experience
- Dream Big: Engineering Our World
- God Particle: The IMAX Experience
- Train Time
- Logan: The IMAX Experience
- Kong: Skull Island An IMAX 3D Experience
- Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur The IMAX Experience
- Secrets of the Universe
- Ghost in the Shell: The IMAX Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.