Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Brainpower: Surviving the Tour de France
The subject of the film is the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, accomplish the near-impossible, and power each of us to victory and success in life.
We will illustrate these various abilities by following cyclists racing in the Tour De France. Over the course of the event, they’ll be caught up in hair raising crashes, dramatic battles over the Alps and Pyrenees and action-packed descents down steep mountain roads. Their ultimate goal? The finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
The film will raise the questions "how do they do this?" and "why do they do this?" Audiences will learn that the answers to these questions lie within the mind and the human brain itself.
Through a combination of cutting edge computer graphic digital animation, strong and inspiring personal stories and unprecedented IMAX giant screen footage, this film will entertain and, hopefully, inspire audiences of all ages.
This film will study of the various aspects of the human brain and its ability to help us achieve success in the face of what seem to be insurmountable obstacles.
Clips & Trailers:
Wired to Win: Trailer [WM 300 K]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by PD Productions, a division of Partners HealthCare System. Director/Writer: Bayley Silleck. Senior Producer/Project P.I. (principal investigator): JoAnna Baldwin Mallory. Line Producer/Editor: Myles Connolly. First Assistant Director/Co-Writer: Daniel Ferguson. Director of Photography: Rodney Taylor. Distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution.
"Wired to Win" By Janet Smith, The Georgia Straight
"'Wired' is winning tour of race, brain" By Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
"'Wired to Win': It's not about the bikes" By Hap Erstein, Palm Beach Post
"A few spokes short of capturing "Tour" glory" By Ted Fry, The Seattle Times
"New IMAX film a nerve-wrenching experience" By Steven Howell, Press Republican
Wired to Win Interview: Line Producer/Editor Myles Connolly By BMZ Staff (December 19, 2005)
nWave Pictures and PD Productions Announce Exciting Agenda for Brain Power By nWave Pictures Distribution (February 24, 2005)
nWave to Distribute Upcoming 'Brain Power' Film By Dera & Associates (July 7, 2003)
[PDF] Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- National Geographic Studios Hits Box Office Milestone with Award-Winning Films Collectively Grossing Over $20 Million
- IMAX Entertainment Options Rights To Best-Selling Book Moby Duck
- IMAX Set To Join Russell Index
- IMAX Signs First Agreement In Nigeria With Filmhouse Cinemas
- IMAX® Corporation And TCL Launch IMAX Private Theatre "Palais™" In China
Most Recent Releases
- The Monk Comes Down the Mountain: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Inside Out: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Jurassic World: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Robots 3D
- San Andreas: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Tomorrowland: The IMAX Experience
- Mad Max: Fury Road An IMAX 3D Experience
- Avengers: Age of Ultron An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Water Diviner: The IMAX Experience
- Ant-Man: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation The IMAX Experience
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: The IMAX Experience
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend The IMAX Experience
- Everest: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Walk: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Pan: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Crimson Peak: The IMAX Experience
- SPECTRE: The IMAX Experience
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 An IMAX 3D Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.