Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Brainpower: Surviving the Tour de France
The subject of the film is the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, accomplish the near-impossible, and power each of us to victory and success in life.
We will illustrate these various abilities by following cyclists racing in the Tour De France. Over the course of the event, they’ll be caught up in hair raising crashes, dramatic battles over the Alps and Pyrenees and action-packed descents down steep mountain roads. Their ultimate goal? The finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
The film will raise the questions "how do they do this?" and "why do they do this?" Audiences will learn that the answers to these questions lie within the mind and the human brain itself.
Through a combination of cutting edge computer graphic digital animation, strong and inspiring personal stories and unprecedented IMAX giant screen footage, this film will entertain and, hopefully, inspire audiences of all ages.
This film will study of the various aspects of the human brain and its ability to help us achieve success in the face of what seem to be insurmountable obstacles.
Clips & Trailers:
Wired to Win: Trailer [WM 300 K]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by PD Productions, a division of Partners HealthCare System. Director/Writer: Bayley Silleck. Senior Producer/Project P.I. (principal investigator): JoAnna Baldwin Mallory. Line Producer/Editor: Myles Connolly. First Assistant Director/Co-Writer: Daniel Ferguson. Director of Photography: Rodney Taylor. Distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution.
"Wired to Win" By Janet Smith, The Georgia Straight
"'Wired' is winning tour of race, brain" By Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
"'Wired to Win': It's not about the bikes" By Hap Erstein, Palm Beach Post
"A few spokes short of capturing "Tour" glory" By Ted Fry, The Seattle Times
"New IMAX film a nerve-wrenching experience" By Steven Howell, Press Republican
Wired to Win Interview: Line Producer/Editor Myles Connolly By BMZ Staff (December 19, 2005)
nWave Pictures and PD Productions Announce Exciting Agenda for Brain Power By nWave Pictures Distribution (February 24, 2005)
nWave to Distribute Upcoming 'Brain Power' Film By Dera & Associates (July 7, 2003)
[PDF] Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- Second trailer for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
- New clips from Penguins of Madagascar
- Interstellar Takes Flight At Chinese Box Office, Scoring 2D Record Launch In IMAX® With $6.7 Million
- IMAX Forges New Partnership With Toho Cinemas Ltd. To Bring The First IMAX® Theatre To Downtown Tokyo
- Third trailer for Exodus: Gods and Kings
Most Recent Releases
- Big Hero 6: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Interstellar: The IMAX Experience
- John Wick: The IMAX Experience
- Fury: The IMAX Experience
- Breakup Buddies: The IMAX Experience
- Bang Bang!: The IMAX Experience
- Dracula Untold: The IMAX Experience
- The Equalizer: The IMAX Experience
- The Maze Runner: The IMAX Experience
- Forrest Gump: The IMAX Experience
- Penguins of Madagascar: The IMAX Experience
- The Great Apes 3D
- Exodus: Gods and Kings The IMAX Experience
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies An IMAX 3D Experience
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb The IMAX Experience
- Gone with the Bullets: The IMAX Experience
- Antarctica: On The Edge
- In Saturn's Rings
- Patagonia 3D: Sea Life Haven
- Time: The 4th Dimension
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.