Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
Alternate Title(s): Formerly Brainpower: Surviving the Tour de France
The subject of the film is the amazing ability of the human brain to overcome adversity, accomplish the near-impossible, and power each of us to victory and success in life.
We will illustrate these various abilities by following cyclists racing in the Tour De France. Over the course of the event, they’ll be caught up in hair raising crashes, dramatic battles over the Alps and Pyrenees and action-packed descents down steep mountain roads. Their ultimate goal? The finish line on the Champs-Elysees in Paris.
The film will raise the questions "how do they do this?" and "why do they do this?" Audiences will learn that the answers to these questions lie within the mind and the human brain itself.
Through a combination of cutting edge computer graphic digital animation, strong and inspiring personal stories and unprecedented IMAX giant screen footage, this film will entertain and, hopefully, inspire audiences of all ages.
This film will study of the various aspects of the human brain and its ability to help us achieve success in the face of what seem to be insurmountable obstacles.
Clips & Trailers:
Wired to Win: Trailer [WM 300 K]
Blu-ray | DVD | VHS | Merchandise
Produced by PD Productions, a division of Partners HealthCare System. Director/Writer: Bayley Silleck. Senior Producer/Project P.I. (principal investigator): JoAnna Baldwin Mallory. Line Producer/Editor: Myles Connolly. First Assistant Director/Co-Writer: Daniel Ferguson. Director of Photography: Rodney Taylor. Distributed by nWave Pictures Distribution.
"Wired to Win" By Janet Smith, The Georgia Straight
"'Wired' is winning tour of race, brain" By Ty Burr, The Boston Globe
"'Wired to Win': It's not about the bikes" By Hap Erstein, Palm Beach Post
"A few spokes short of capturing "Tour" glory" By Ted Fry, The Seattle Times
"New IMAX film a nerve-wrenching experience" By Steven Howell, Press Republican
Wired to Win Interview: Line Producer/Editor Myles Connolly By BMZ Staff (December 19, 2005)
nWave Pictures and PD Productions Announce Exciting Agenda for Brain Power By nWave Pictures Distribution (February 24, 2005)
nWave to Distribute Upcoming 'Brain Power' Film By Dera & Associates (July 7, 2003)
[PDF] Wired to Win: Surviving the Tour de France
BMZ User Reviews
Posted by: Guest
Read More >>
BMZ User Comments
Sorry, no BMZ User Comments yet for this film.
- ARKA MEDIAWORKS' HIGHLY ANTICIPATED EPIC BAAHUBALI 2: THE CONCLUSION TO BE RELEASED IN IMAX® THEATRES IN INDIA AND SELECT INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
- IMAX CORPORATION TO PRESENT AT THE DEUTSCHE BANK 25TH ANNUAL MEDIA & TELECOM CONFERENCE
- Giant Screen Films Partners with Tandem Stills + Motion to Release Film on Pacific Ocean’s Marine National Monuments and Wildlife Refuges
- BONA FILM GROUP MAKES SIGNIFICANT IMAX COMMITMENT WITH 30-THEATRE AGREEMENT IN CHINA
- IMAX CORPORATION REPORTS FOURTH-QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2016 RESULTS
Most Recent Releases
- Beauty and the Beast: An IMAX 3D Experience
- Kong: Skull Island An IMAX 3D Experience
- Logan: The IMAX Experience
- Dream Big: Engineering Our World
- The Great Wall: The IMAX Experience
- The LEGO Batman Movie: The IMAX Experience
- Attraction: The IMAX Experience
- La La Land: The IMAX Experience
- Museum Alive
- Incredible Predators
- Ghost in the Shell: An IMAX 3D Experience
- The Fate of the Furious: The IMAX Experience
- Amazon Adventure
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2: The IMAX Experience
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword The IMAX Experience
- Full Charge - The Power of Innovation
- Ocean Giants: A Prehistory of Whales
- Wonder Woman: The IMAX Experience
- The Mummy: An IMAX 3D Experience
Get up-to-date information on new and upcoming big movies, the latest big movie buzz, multimedia clips, and the latest Big Movie Zone features.